Lecturer: Dr. Lorenzo Colace
Italian students (CLICK HERE) DATE ESAMI ELETTRONICA I (appello luglio)
- Introduction to electronics: history, electrical signals, notational conventions, problem solving, review of circuit theory, frequency spectrum of signals, amplifiers, logic inverters, element variations.
- Semiconductor theory: semiconductors and devices, resistivity of semiconductors, conductors and insulators, covalent bonds and band diagrams, band gap, intrinsic concentration, behavior of electrons and holes, donor and acceptors, doping, drift and diffusion currents, mobility and saturation velocity.
- Diodes and diode circuits: diode layout and structure, electrostatics of the pn junction, forward and reversebias, breakdown, diode models, analysis and design of diode circuits, applications (rectifiers, power supply, regulators), SPICE examples.
- Field-effect transistor: structure and operation, operating regions (cut-off, triode, saturation), physical models and current-voltage characteristics, DC MOSFET circuits, biasing MOSFET amplifiers, the MOSFET as amplifier and logic inverter, small-signals models, single stage MOS amplifiers, internal capacitances and frequency response, logic inverters (NMOS, CMOS), SPICE models, SPICE examples.
- Bipolar junction transistor: structure and operation, current-voltage characteristics, the BJT as amplifier and logic inverter, DC BJT circuits, biasing BJT amplifiers, small-signals models, single stage BJT amplifiers, internal capacitances and frequency response of the CE amplifier, SPICE models, SPICE examples.
- Integrated amplifiers: IC design strategies, MOSFET/ BJT comparisons, biasing integrated amplifiers, frequency response, analysis and design of amplifiers (CS and CE, CG and CB, CD and CC), cascode amplifier, multistage amplifiers.
- Differential amplifiers: MOSFET differential amplifier, small signal operation, BJT differential amplifier, active loaded differential amplifiers, frequency response.
- Feedback: introduction to feedback operation, classification, properties, examples.
- A.S. Sedra, K.C. Smith Microelectronic Circuits (5ht edition), Oxford Un. Press
- R.C. Jaeger, T.N. Blalock Microelectronics Circuit Design, McGraw-Hill